Phillip Harris Transformational Leadership Development - Early Career Award
SELF-NOMINATIONS ARE ALLOWED.
Improve the voice of underrepresented individuals to express themselves as emerging leaders and to create positive change within the field of learning and technology.
The Phil Harris awards are dedicated to promoting and encouraging diversity among the next generation of emerging leaders in instructional and educational technology. The conference-based awards will provide one student and one early/mid-career professional with training in non-profit issues, in leadership mentoring, and with opportunities to participate in association leadership activities. This opportunity aims to enhance skills and competencies necessary for transformational leadership service, especially among diverse participants, through experiences focused on educational technology policy, leadership skill-building, and cultural competence.
- Applicant must be a current member of AECT.
- The awards are designed for promoting and encouraging diversity among emerging leaders who are completing their studies or working in the instructional/educational technology field, by supporting applicants from historically under-represented groups, that may include, but are not limited to:
- Racial or ethnic minorities
- Disability minorities
- Gender minorities
- Internship: Students eligible for the leadership development award enrolled at the Masters, (MS or M.Ed.), Specialist (Ed.S.) or Doctoral (Ph.D./Ed.D.) level in an educational/instructional design/technology or comparable degree program.
- Fellowship: Professionals eligible for the leadership development award are employed in instructional design/technology roles, either in education or industry.
- Evidence for the above eligibility criteria.
- Quality of application statement.
- Applicant's focus on diversity leadership.
- Letter of support from a mentor or supervisor.
The awardees will be selected by the AECT Foundation in collaboration with the AECT's Intern awards committee.
Select the link below to submit a nomination or application.
Nomination Form: Click to Submit a Nomination/Application
Nature of Award: The 2022 monetary award is $1,000.00 for each awardee and receives a plaque. (Monetary award is determined annually and may fluctuate.)
The awardees are expected to be in attendance at the convention and awards ceremony, in person or virtually, to receive the award.
Funding And Support:
Nominations due by:
June 6, 2023
Award Management on behalf of AECT:
Joanne Bentley, firstname.lastname@example.org