Distinguished Service Award
SELF-NOMINATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED
The Distinguished Service Award (DSA), our highest award, recognizes a member for leadership, dedication and service to the profession in the international arena. In addition, the award recognizes this person’s participation in the International Division and contributions to AECT at large.
An individual who
● Has a record of outstanding service to the profession in an international arena for at least ten years;
● Has shown continuous outstanding service and devotion to the community of educational communications and technology for professionals and students;
● Has provided service in the International Division at multiple levels;
● Is a current member of the International Division and has been a member of the Division for at least three years
● A letter of nomination by one International Division member;
● A letter of support from at least one additional AECT member;
● Nominee’s Portfolio/CV link
The International Division Award Committee will review nominations and select a recipient.
Self-nominations are not allowed. To nominate someone for the DSA, click the online nomination link listed here and below. From there, please briefly describe the nominee’s service in the International Division and AECT. Please provide the nominee’s service in the profession in an international setting (past and current).
The principal nominator should complete the Nomination Information column in the electronic form and provide information about him/herself as the first required reference. In addition, the principal nominator needs to provide information about a second required reference including at least a full name and an email address. AECT will send an email invitation to the references for a letter of support.
Nomination Form: Click Here to Submit a Nomination.
Nature of Award: A plaque of achievement
Presented during the awards ceremony at General Session at Convention.
Funding And Support:
Nominations due by:
July 31, 2021
Award Management on behalf of AECT:
International Division Award coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org