Dick Cornell Award
SELF-NOMINATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED
The Richard Cornell Award is granted in honor of the late Dr. Cornell from the University of Central Florida. Cornell followed many paths during his long life until he found that working with students, especially those from Taiwan and China, was where his heart felt fulfilled.
Cornellís AECT home was in the International Division (ID), but he was well-known and highly respected throughout AECT. For many years, he served as the IDís official auctioneer during the International Dinner and Auction and raised funds that were mostly set aside to help international graduate students in the ID.
Although Prof. Richard Cornell has passed, his kindness, compassion, and support will remain with all who were fortunate enough to know him. His impact on the International Division is unending.
- Candidates must be a member of the ID and either a graduate student or a recent graduate of a doctoral program in the first two years of a professional position.
- Candidates must either be a native of another nation or currently working or studying in one, and must provide a letter describing the work performed by the applicant in helping students.
- A letter of support must be included from the graduate school advisor.
- Quality, impact and achievement level based on evidence provided for supporting students.
- A letter of support by at least one graduate school advisor.
- Candidateís Portfolio/CV link or upload.
The International Division Award Committee will review nominations and select a recipient.
No self nomination. To prepare for a nomination, click the online nomination link listed here and below.
Nomination Form: Click here to Submit a Nomination
Nature of Award: A plaque of achievement. During years when resources are available, the award will also receive up to $200.
Presented at International Division Dinner & Awards Ceremony.
Funding And Support:
Nominations due by:
June 1, 2023
Award Management on behalf of AECT:
Dr. Dirk Ifenthaler, International Division Past President, firstname.lastname@example.org