Design and Development
Kennesaw State University
My name is Yvonne Earnshaw and I am an Assistant Professor of Instructional Design and Technology in the School of Instructional Technology and Innovation at Kennesaw State University. I hold a Ph.D. in Instructional Systems from Florida State University. I also have over 20 years of practitioner experience in technical writing, instructional design/development, and user experience and have worked for several major national and global corporations. My research interests are in learning experience design, online teaching and learning, and practitioner preparation.
I have been an active member of AECT since 2010 and have served in several different roles as a graduate student, practitioner, and faculty member, including:
* GSA Representative to the D&D division (2013-2014),
* D&D Board Associate (2014-2015),
* Cochran Leadership Intern (2016-2017),
* DDL Best Practice Award coordinator (2016-2020),
* DDL Communications Officer (2017-2019),
* Early Career Symposium participant (2019),
* AECT NATO ACT D&D Competition faculty mentor (2020-2022),
* AECT NATO ACT D&D Competition judge (2022), and
* D&D Board Member (2021-Present).
My goals for the D&D division would be to continue offering regular webinars from practitioners and researchers in the field and to discuss best practices. I would also like to have more opportunities for our members to share their design and development work at the convention, as well as throughout the year.
I look forward to the opportunity of continuing to serve the D&D division members as a President Elect. Thank you for your consideration.