AECT Legacy Graduate Scholarship
for Graduate and Professional Study in School Library/Media
The purpose of the scholarship is to improve the teaching/learning process in the library/media center and the classroom and to supplement the recipientís training by extending the use of educational communications and technology. It is awarded to a K-12 schoolteacher or school library/media specialist to assist in the pursuit of a master's degree, professional certificate or specialist degree in educational technology or school library media. The scholarship may be used to further the recipient's education in the summer session(s) and/or academic year of graduate level study.
Must be a practicing K-12 schoolteacher or school library/media specialist.
Must be enrolled or planning to attend any accredited college
An ECT Foundation scholarship committee will review the applications and references and select the recipient(s).
- Scholarship:List and describe your publications, presentations, curriculum projects, and creative productions, etc. that reflect your involvement and accomplishments in the field of school libraries and/or school media and technology.
- Applications: TBA
- Experience: List and describe other experience in the field of educational media, media and information literacy, research, classroom teaching, as well as your involvement in innovative programs that motivate learners to effectively and responsibly use resources available through multiple venues.
- Service and Leadership: List and describe your service and leadership in the profession through AECT or its affiliates and chapters or other related organizations. Membership in AECT is recommended and preferred.
- Applicant's Statement: Provide a brief narrative describing your knowledge of key issues and challenges facing learners in our rapidly changing world of communications and technology. Include your philosophy of teaching and your professional goals.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Please have three persons familiar with your professional qualifications and leadership potential write letters of recommendation that address the following:
- How long they have known you and in what capacity.
- Their view of the nature and quality of your professional background and experience.
- Your demonstrated leadership and potential for future leadership in school libraries and educational technology.
- Special strengths and weaknesses
Nature of Scholarship: The amount of the scholarship, The scholarship amount for 2017 is $500.00, This amount is determined by the Foundation annually.
General Session awards ceremony at annual AECT convention.
Funding And Support:
Applications due by:
Aug. 15, 2018
Award Management on behalf of AECT:
Denise Tolbert, firstname.lastname@example.org